Saturday, August 1, 2009

July Wrap-Up









Books finished:

Kissing Kate
Hunger
The Treasure Map of Boys
Gilda Joyce: The Dead Drop
Boy Meets Boy
Pride and Prejudice
The Hunger Games
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

8 - not bad

Audio Books finished:

Lirael
An Abundance of Katherines
Abhorsen

Abandoned: None

Challenges Joined:

Everything Austen Challenge - Stephanie Written Word
The Stephanie Plum Reading Challenge - J. Kaye's Book Blog

Challenge Status:

2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge (status: 24/25)
2009 Audio Book Challenge (status: 9/12)
Scott Westerfeld Mini-Challenge (status: 0/2)
GLBT Challenge 2009 (status: 2/6)
Take a Chance Challenge (status: 3/10 tasks)
Everything Austen Challenge (status: 1/6)
Stephanie Plum Reading Challenge (status 0/7)

Challenges Complete:


2009 Young Adult Book Challenge

My favorite book this month was, hands down, The Hunger Games. It was such a compelling and well-written book. My favorite audio was Abhorsen. I love Garth Nix.

I changed by background on my blog. It is very colorful and I'm still deciding how I like it. I think the owl is cute. I also condensed by sidebars as much as I could and move the challenges into a simple status + link format. The listings were getting bulky. I'm moving right along on most of my challenges except for the Scott Westerfeld one. I need to get that done. July was a pretty good reading month for me. I hope it was for you too.

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job and you're SO much more moderate with challenges than I am. Wow I need to quit joining them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to keep it to a manageable level even though I'm tempted all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only heard wonderful things about The Hunger Games. I'm going to have to pick it up one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.