Monday, July 13, 2009

The Treasure Map of Boys

Ruby Oliver is back and just can't stay out of trouble. After last year's disaster where she is branded the school slut and lost all of her friends, Ruby is trying to live her life without upsetting everyone. But her crush on Noel is complicated by her friend Nora's own crush and suddenly all of Ruby's old boyfriends (or whatever) are popping up. Ruby is still in therapy and still having trouble coping with situations in her life.


I will say that I may be biased towards this book. I love love the others in this series, The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book, so I was really looking forward to this book. Thankfully, it lived up to my expectations. I love Ruby and I feel so bad for her. I just want her to make the right decisions and quit worrying about how people feel about her. But at the same time I can still remember that need that teenagers have to be like (frankly, everyone has that need) and I understood her devastation when her friends completely dropped her in the first book even though she wasn't the only one at fault. I do like how Ruby stands up for herself and others and wants to do the right thing and tries to do the right thing, but doesn't always succeed in doing the right thing. That is generally how things go.

Anyway, I'm completely in love with this book and the whole series. I'm going to have to do a series re-read now. It's just that good.

*ARC from publisher

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading about this book in the catalog and thinking it sounded good. Thanks for the review!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read something by her. She was at the conference this weekend but I didn't have a chance to go by. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read almost all her books except Frankie Landau-Banks and Fly on the Wall and they have all been good. This series is my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.