Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kissing Kate

One night at a party, Lissa's best friend leans in for a kiss and Lissa kisses her back. Now Kate is ignoring Lissa and pretending nothing happened while Lissa is angry and confused. The two friends use to mean everything to each other and one kiss is getting in the way. But Lissa knows it must mean something. As she experiments with lucid dreaming, Lissa tries to come to terms with what kissing Kate means.

I've only read a couple of things by Lauren Myracle, but I've enjoyed them and when I set about looking for books for the GLBT Challenge, I found this book so it seemed a good match for me. And it was! I really enjoyed this book. No matter if you are gay or not, Lissa's struggle with liking someone who doesn't like you (or won't admit it) is easily relatable. She struggles with the aftermath of kissing her best friend and does not try to write it off. Kate was also interesting. There is a lot of foreshadowing of the kiss, mainly lead by Kate, and even if she doesn't admit it, I think I know what road Kate is going to go down.

ETA:
Check out Amanda at The Zen Leaf's take on this book

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an adorable little book! I love that cover, too. I'm definitely adding it to my to-read list, though I don't know if I'll get to it during this particular GLBT challenge. I guess it's a good thing I'm going to be holding this once a year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.