Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Take a Chance Challenge - COMPLETE

So I have been contemplating this challenge for a little while now and since I finished the YA Challenge, I've decided to join. So here is the Take a Chance Challenge from Jenners' Find Your Next Book Here. The challenge will run from June 1, 2009 through November 30, 2009




This challenge is all about taking chances in your reading. There are 10 tasks in all -- 7 involve finding a book to read in very random ways. The last three tasks are about taking chances as a writer as you are challenged to take on the role of short story writer, poet and movie/book reviewer. The challenge is meant to be fun and no pressure. Complete as many or a few of the 10 challenges as you want. However, the more you complete, the more chances you'll get to win the grand prize.

I'll list my books here as well as on her blog. This will be a true challenge for me.

Here are the challenges:

  1. Unscripted by Amy Kaye (Random Book.)
  2. The Loud Silence of Francine Green by Karen Cushman (Random Word. Silence.)
  3. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi & Ron Barrett (Birth Year Book. 1978.)
  4. Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors (Judge A Book By Its Cover.)
  5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Phoning An Author) Collins. (googled YA author collins and this was first)
  6. The Giver by Lois Lowry (Public Spying.)
  7. Mrs. Arris Goes to Paris by Paul Gallico (Random Bestseller.)
  8.    Lit Riff. write about a song. not doing this one.
  9. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Poetic Review.)
  10. James and the Giant Peach (Roald Dahl) found at this website. (Movie/Book Comparison)

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're joining. I've gotten a couple friends to join, and I'm glad to have company. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to join in! Sounds like you got some interesting books picked out already! Isn't if fun finding out what you will be reading in such random ways? You are the first one to get a public spying book. Of course, being a librarian might help with that! : )

    And just do the ones you want ... OK to skip whatever doesn't float your boat.

    Looking forward to seeing your posts on these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up for this too... it looks fun! I don't know which books I'm going to read yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just joined this challenge too. You got some good books on your list.

    Just wanted to clarify, for challenge 8 you would write a story based on a song, and for challenge 9 you are supposed to review a few poems. I'd hate for you to try to write a song and a poem only to find out that wasn't the challenge. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petunia -Okay, thanks I see about the song now, but I think the poem challenge is to write a book review in verse.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.