Thursday, July 30, 2009

Abhorsen - The Old Kingdom series (Audio)

The continuation of Lirael finds Lirael and Sameth, the prince of the Old Kingdom, coming to terms with their new roles. Both have set out to track and find Sam's friend Nick who is possessed by a magic being older than can be conceived. With the help of the Disreputable Dog and Moggot, two mysterious "animals," they try to prevent an unspeakable power from rising and destroying them all.

This was such a good book, such a good series. Tim Curry does an excellent job narrating and adding to the voices of all the characters. There was a little more Sabriel and Touchstone in this book, but I wish there was more. I know that there is a short story in Across the Wall and I will be reading that soon.

I am intrigued by Moggot and the Disreputable Dog and their history. Things like that always make me wish for more. And the ending was so good. It was just right and I had a couple of tears in my eyes when they make their last stand. So far I've liked everything I've read by Garth Nix (one of my absolute most favorite series is the Keys to the Kingdom) and so I'll have to read more.

2 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with Tim Curry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Curry is the best as far as I'm concerned, right up there with Jim Dale :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.