Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly Round-Up 2/22


Weekly Round-Up is my wrap-up of last week's activities and includes what I'm reading this week and anything of interest plus From the Library, my weekly listing of what I've checked out from the library.
This week I'm reading Shades of Grey (Fforde), The Clue in the Broken Locket (Keene) and maybe start Rampant (Peterfreud).  I'm listening to Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Evanovich) and The Maze Runner (Dashner).

Since last week I've read The Clue in the Diary (Keene) and Me and Death (Scrimger).
Additional reviews posted:
Sister of the Bride (Cleary)
Plum Lucky (Evanovich)
A Little Princess (Burnett)
The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Keene)


From the Library is my weekly listing of what I checked out from the library recently.  I also checked out some Nancy Drews in addition to these.




Finger Lickin' Fifteen (audio) - by Jane Evanovich, read by Lorilei King
(I am almost done with Stephanie Plum for now.  The 16th book comes out later this year and then I will be done with this challenge.)
While recovering from an ill-timed makeup mishap, Lula is a witness to celebrity chef, Stanley Chipotle, losing his head - literally. Now Lula and Stephanie are on the hunt to identify the killers before Lula is next on the chopping block.

Meantime, Ranger's recruited Stephanie's help for a top secret mission. Someone on the inside at Rangeman is leaking client information, determined to bring the company down. No one is above suspicion, not even Ranger's right hand man, Tank.

Can Stephanie hunt down a killer, a traitor, five skips and keep Grandma out of the sauce?

It's the sexiest, scariest, most fun Plum yet. So good you'll want seconds.

Fire - Kristen Cashore
(I'm fairly certain everyone else has read this by now so it's my turn.)
Fire, Graceling's prequel-ish companion book, takes place across the mountains to the east of the seven kingdoms, in a rocky, war-torn land called the Dells.

Beautiful creatures called monsters live in the Dells. Monsters have the shape of normal animals: mountain lions, dragonflies, horses, fish. But the hair or scales or feathers of monsters are gorgeously colored-- fuchsia, turquoise, sparkly bronze, iridescent green-- and their minds have the power to control the minds of humans.

Seventeen-year-old Fire is the last remaining human-shaped monster in the Dells. Gorgeously monstrous in body and mind but with a human appreciation of right and wrong, she is hated and mistrusted by just about everyone, and this book is her story.

5 comments:

  1. You're not alone. I haven't read Fire yet either, although I really want. Other stuff just keeps pushing its way to the top of the pile! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Stephanie Plum books and was a HUGE Nancy Drew fan as a kid. My younger son now loves The Hardy Boys. I should really pick up an old Nancy Drew book one of these days - sounds like fun!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I haven't read Graceling or Fire yet. Bad me I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue - They are fun to read now as an adult.

    Jill - At least it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.