Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekly Round-Up 11/16

What are you reading Mondays? is a meme hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.
Check out J.Kaye's Book Blog for what others are reading.
This week I'm reading Blue Moon (Noël) and Eyes like Stars (Mantchev) and I'm listening to Lady Friday and Superior Saturday (Nix).


Since last week I've finished Foundling (Cornish) and that's it.  I posted the reviews for Wake, Fade (McMann), Drowned Wednesday and Sir Thursday (Nix) and Nicholas Sayre and the Creature in the Case (Nix) as well as the 1985 musical Alice in Wonderland.



From the Library is my weekly listing of what I checked out from the library this week.  Lots of Christmas books this time, preparing for my favorite time of year.
Also did anyone know that Gidget was based on a book?  I love that movie so much, the original one with Sandra Dee. 










Gidget - Frederick Kohner
Sacred Scars - Kathleen Duey
Skipping Christmas - John Grisham, read by Dennis Boutsikaris
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (audio) - Barbara Robinson, read by Elaine Stritch
A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
Superior Saturday (audio) - Garth Nix, read by Allan Corduner
The Midnighters: The Secret Hour - Scott Westerfeld
A War of Gifts: An Ender Story - Orson Scott Card

9 comments:

  1. You had a great week and another wonderful looking line-up. Off to check out your reviews. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/what-are-you-reading-mondays_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I wanna read Blue Moon! Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to some Christmas reads too! I read that Pageant book every year with my kids.
    Great lists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy Blue Moon as much as I did! :) Loved it better than the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting ready to read some Christmas books, too, for one of the reading challenges I've joined. I've never read the "Best Christmas Pageant" book, so maybe I'll put it on my list. Have a great week with your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try Orson Scott Card. I've never read one of his books. I hear his name a lot.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHH what a great line up...looks like it's gonna be a grat week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the middle of of Sacred Scars right now - my son said it's very good (we both liked Skin Hunger). And Orson Scott Card is such a talented writer! I'm a big fan, but I've never read that one.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. You selected some interesting books at the library! That Sacred Scars book looks pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.