Sunday, November 8, 2009

Christmas Reading Challenge - COMPLETE


I love Christmas books and I have a couple I read every year so I'm joining The Christmas Reading Challenge hosted by The True Book Addict.



The Christmas Reading Challenge:

  • will run from Thanksgiving Day, November 26 through New Year's Eve, December 31, 2009
  • you can choose 1 - 3 books...I know it seems a small amount, but it's a busy time of year and the challenge is only a little over a month.
  • These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore or a book of Christmas short stories (sorry, no children's books, but YA novel is okay).
My list:

1. A War of Gifts by Orson Scott Card
2. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickins (read it every year)
3. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham (listen to it every year)
4. Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson

4 comments:

  1. I've read "Skipping Christmas" by Grisham. I loved it! I didn't think he could write something so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about joining this challenge. I might go give it a second look. Thanks for reminding me! :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Grisham did funny either! I seem to remember seeing that one last year -- it's not new, is it? "Cancel Christmas" by Rocco Leonard Martino is funny too, even while it's thought provoking. Should celebrating Christmas get in the way of business profits? (The nerve!) Kind of a modern-day Christmas Carol -- and there's a nice romance in there, too. (And how nice not to have it be overtly sexual. What a pleasant change.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the challenge! I hope you enjoy it =o)

    I am now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.