Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekly Round-Up 2/28


Weekly Round-Up is my wrap-up of last week's activities and includes what I'm reading this week, reviews I've posted, books in the mail and anything else of interest plus From the Library, my weekly listing of what I've checked out from the library.
This week I'm reading The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group (Jinks) and listening to The Fixer Upper (Andrews).

Last week I read Queens of All the Earth (Sternberg), The Lover's Dictionary (Levithan), and The Grimm Legacy (Shulman) and I finished Sizzling Sixteen on audio.
Other reviews posted: Linger (Stiefvater) (audio)



From NetGalley
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Publish Date: April 19, 2011
Every girl who has taken the test has died.


Now it's Kate's turn.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.

If she fails...
 

Priceless (Kick Keswick #2) by Marne Davis Kellogg
Kick Keswick has lived an extraordinary life. She was the power behind the throne at a venerable London auction house and a master jewel thief. (Stealing from those who deserved it, of course.) That changed when she fell in love with Commander Thomas Curtis of Scotland Yard and retired to Provence to live respectably, cushioned in beautiful food and wine. But now, someone is stealing irreplaceable jewels from Paris to Portofino-and using Kick's signature tech-niques. Worse, Thomas has disappeared with her secret cache of precious stones.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an eclectic mix read last week, and some good ones lined up for next week, too!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus I love the cover. I can almost feel the cool grass on my skin.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.