Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sleuthing Sundays - Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective by Donald J. Sobol

I haven't read Encyclopedia Brown in at least 20 years if not longer.  I forgot the format of the books.  There are about 10 short mysteries in each book and the solutions are in the back of the book and it's up to the reader to figure out how Encyclopedia knew the answer.  I was, admittedly, a cheater back in the day.  This time around the answers were fairly obvious (which is good because how embarrassing for a 32 year not to be able to solve a 10 years logic problem).  But still I liked reading the solutions in the back.


Boy Detective is the first volume of his mysteries and shows how he decided to open his own detective agency and how he bested Sally at a logic problem and that is how she became his partner.  So it was fun relieving something I use to enjoy from my childhood.

1 comment:

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.