Jenny at Take Me Away is hosting the most excellent challenge (with prizes), The Alice in Wonderland Challenge and I am *sigh* joining. Curiouser and Curiouser.
- Starts September 1, 2009 and goes through August 31, 2010
- You can join any time during that time frame.
- This challenge has two parts; you can decide at any time until the end if you would like to complete only the first part or both. However, prizes will only be awarded to those who complete both parts.
- If you have already completed one of the tasks in the past 6 months you may count ONE towards this challenge.
- Books may overlap with any other challenges.
- Books may be read prior to publish date if you are able to obtain a copy. (Don't worry about the advantage someone has because everyone should have the same opportunity to complete the challenge at the same time).
- When you've made the decision to play, post about the challenge and please link your icon to this post. It doesn't necessarily have to be the link on your sidebar if you put it there and are linking to your post, but at least on the picture when you post about this challenge.
- √ Read and review Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- √ Read and review Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
- √ Read and review Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin (publish date December 2009)
- √ Read and review one other book from the list of "retellings and sequels" or "literature with allusions and influences" from the list here . Random Magic by Sasha Soren
- √ Watch and review Disney's animated version of Alice in Wonderland
- √ Watch and review one live action (already released) movie version of Alice in Wonderland. Watched Through the Looking Glass (Kate Beckinsale) if possible.
- √ Watch and review Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (due for release in 2010)
- √ Watch and review one other movie listed under "Film" here. Miyuki-chan in Wonderland