Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Much Ado about Shakespeare Challenge

I've been inspired by Saving Juliet and Much Ado about Nothing (the movie). I thought it would be fun to do a Shakespeare Challenge.

The challenge runs from September 1, 2009 - April 26, 2009 (Shakespeare's Birthday). Read 6 of any Shakespeare's works or any book inspired by a Shakespeare play. You can also watch any movie from or inspired by a Shakespeare play. ETA: You can also review plays that you see in a theater as well.

Feel free to take the logo here. If you twitter, please use the hashtag #muchado.

Need some suggestions, check here or here for movies and books check here or here. These lists are intended as inspiration and are by no means comprehensive.


Sign up here with Mr. Linky below. Please post a link to your challenge post. I will have a separate post for reviews starting in September.  The post for reviews is here.




If Mr. Linky is not working, respond in the comments with your information.

18 comments:

  1. I'll join :). I'm not very good at challenges, but I'll do my best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to think about this one, Andrea. I don't like to read Shakespeare, but maybe some of the spinoffs and such would be interesting. I know I have a book that's supposed to be a modern Hamlet that I got from ALA.

    Would seeing plays count for this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will say yes b/c if watching a movie counts, then seeing a play should count too.

    Most of the books on my list are adaptions or alternate views if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, guess what, I'm dumb, I didn't actually link to the post. Can you delete my entry, or just relink it to http://mooredatsea.blogspot.com/2009/08/much-ado-about-shakespeare.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been ages since I've read any Shakespeare, I'm game.

    Amanda, you might be interested in reading Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. It's a comedy play by Tom Stoppard based on Hamlet's friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I followed you over here from the link on A Novel Challenge... I'm not sure if I'll join this challenge or not (I'll think about it) but I wanted to tell you that your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. im not good at challenges but i like reading and i spend time watching these few months so I'll try my best...

    Shakespeare here i come...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually do not do challenges but could not resist this one, being Shakespeare one of my constant readings of all time. Looking forward to everyone's posts and the variety of texts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so going to have to do this! Not that I like reading Shakespeare. But I like WATCHING Shakespeare. Hard thing is that Blockbuster doesn't carry many of them...I'll have to figure out another way...or watch something live!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm joining in. I'll post and add it to Mr. Linky once I choose what I'm going to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in - this is a wonderful challenge! I do have a question, though - do graphic novels count?

    My challenge post

    I love your colours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenn- Yes, graphic novels count. Anything pretty much goes for this challenge!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED Shakespeare when I was i high school (which is more years ago than I care to remember)! Thanks for giving me the "nudge" I needed to dust off the volume of Shakespeare's plays & sonnets that has been sitting on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent challenge! I'm having such a year of Shakespeare already, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is it to late to sign up for this challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lula - You can sign up at any time so join whenever you want!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.