Monday, August 31, 2009

What I'm Reading 8/31 + an award!


What are you reading Mondays? is a meme hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.
Check out J.Kaye's Book Blog for what others are reading.
Currently I'm reading Necropolis (Horowitz).  Next I'll read The Loud Silence of Francine Green (Cushman) followed by Beautiful Creatures (Garcia & Stohl), an ARC from Carrie at The Tome Traveller's Weblog (thanks!).
I'm listening to Necropolis (Horowitz) as well and I have no idea what will be next.  Maybe Gathering Blue (Lowry)? I'm not sure.

Since last week, I've finished Rumors (Godbersen), The Reformed Vampire Support Group (Jinks), and Nightrise (Horowitz, review coming soon).  On audio, I finished Enthusiasm (Shulman, review coming soon).

I also spent last weekend watching the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice.


In other news, Stacey at A Buckeye Girl Reads gave me the Humane Award: This award is to honor certain bloggers that are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendship through the blog world.  Thanks Stacey!  I love her blog.  It is so pretty and she reads some great books and is very nice.  

10 comments:

  1. Gathering Blue is a good one. Not as good as The Giver but still good. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that version of P & P is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as though last week was a well read week and this one will be as well. Happy reading. My list can be fund here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-are-you-reading-monday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award! I love the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. It's long (over five hours, I believe), but definitely worth it to see Colin Firth as Darcy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! :) The Horowitz book, is that part of the Gatekeeper's series?

    ReplyDelete
  7. J. Kaye - Yes it is. It is the fourth book and it is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then Nona has started on this series...says it's addictive...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just in case you aren't following the comments at my blog... a through the looking glass movie would be fine! I just didn't think of it. Of course the Tim Burton one will stay. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.