Thursday, May 14, 2009

Impossible

Based on the ballad "Scarborough Fair," this was a most excellent book. I read it very quickly and was drawn to Lucy's story. After a terrible incidence at prom, Lucy finds out she is pregnant and must complete three tasks: make a seamless shirt, find an acre of land between the salt water and the sea strand, plow it with a goat's horn and sow it all with one grain of corn. If she cannot complete these things, she will go insane when her child is born like her mother, who even though she is around, cannot help Lucy. Lucy is a good strong character and I liked her. I liked Zach a lot too though. His character was believable and cute and a good match for Lucy. Together, with the help of Lucy's foster parents, they figure out the solutions for the tasks and, ultimately, that what it really takes to break the curse is love.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - sounds like a very unusual plot! I hadn't heard of this book or author before, so I'll have to look into them.

    Thanks for the review -

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very interesting book -- thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know about your review. Now I'll have to resist all my urges to grab a copy right away!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.