Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekly Round Up 3/28


Weekly Round-Up is my wrap-up of last week's activities and includes what I'm reading this week, reviews I've posted, books in the mail and anything else of interest plus From the Library, my weekly listing of what I've checked out from the library.
This week I'm reading Betsy-Tacy and Tib (Lovelace) and The Goddess Test (Carter). I'm listening to Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex (Colfer) and Paranormalcy (White).

Last read I read Spying in High Heels (Halliday), Cinderella, Ninja Warrior and Sleeping Beauty, Vampire Slayer (McGowan)
Other reviews posted: Real Live Boyfriends (Lockhart), The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Pearson), Queens of All the Earth (Sternberg)


Won from LibraryThing's Early Reviewers
Department 19 by Will Hill
In a secret supernatural battle that's been raging for over a century, the stakes have just been raised -- and they're not wooden anymore. When Jamie Carpenter's mother is kidnapped by strange creatures, he finds himself dragged into Department 19, the government's most secret agency. Fortunately for Jamie, Department 19 can provide the tools he needs to find his mother, and to kill the vampires who want him dead. But unfortunately for everyone, something much older is stirring, something even Department 19 can't stand up against!


Metrogirl (audio) by Janet Evanovich, read by C.J. Critt 
"Wild" Bill Barnaby's dropped off the face of the earth and big sister Alex heads for Miami, Bill's last known sighting, on a harrowing hunt to save her brother ... and maybe the world. Truth is, Alex has been bailing her brother out of trouble since they were kids. Not that Bill's a bad sort. More that he acts first and thinks later. Unfortunately, this time around, Wild Bill will be Dead Bill if Alex doesn't find him in time.Alex blasts through the bars of South Beach and points her search south to Key West and Cuba, laying waste to Miami hit men, dodging palmetto bugs big enough to eat her alive, and putting the pedal to the metal with NASCAR driver Sam Hooker. Engaged in a deadly race, Wild Bill's "borrowed" Hooker's sixty-five-foot Hatteras and sailed off into the sunset ... just when Hooker has plans for the boat. Hooker figures he'll attach himself to Alex and maybe run into bill. Maybe Hooker can salvage what's left of his vacation. And maybe Hooker'll get lucky in love with Bill's sweetie-pie sister. After all, Hooker is NASCAR Guy. And NASCAR Guy is good at revving a woman's engine. 

3 comments:

  1. We all love Artemis Fowle books at our house, but I don't think I've read that one!

    I've only read one non-Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich but I didn't like it much - I hope this one is better! I'll be interested to hear about it.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im always amazed when I see other "wins" from library Thing because I think "well I don't remember seeing that one!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "from the library" button!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.