Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bright Before Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt

Brighton is desperate to achieve 100% participation for her school in volunteer activities in order to get her name on the wall next to her late father's. Jonah is unwilling to get involved in anything in his new town, instead driving to his old one every weekend where he tries to pretend everything is exactly the same. But 24 hours together can change many things and Brighton and Jonah are about to discover more about each other and themselves then they ever thought.

I read this before last year ended but saved the review for closer publication. It was absolutely one of the best books I've read in a long time and it didn't take me long at all to finish it. I stayed up til 1 a.m. one night because I simply could not put it down. It is pretty different than Tiffany's first book but that's not a bad thing. It just proves how talented a writer Tiffany is.

I loved Brighton and how her perfect facade slowly disintegrates as the night wears on and how Jacob's tough guy attitude changes too. It goes to show that you really never know what is going on in someone else's head and that Jacob completely misjudges Brighton because of her perky girl can do attitude. I am also a sucker for one night stories. There is something that happens to people in the wee hours that feels crazy and magical and I think this book captured that feeling in all the right ways. It was a great read.

Review based on ARC provided by NetGalley
Publication date: February 18th 2014 by Walker Childrens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.