Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BBAW New Treasure: Interview Swap - The Lost Entwife

This week I am participating in Book Blogger Appreciation Week.  Today's post is the blogger interview swap.  My partner is Lydia from The Lost Entwife.  Thanks for  for answering all my questions!

You can see my half here.


Tell me about your blog.

I stumbled across book blogging by accident. So first my blog was just a mix-n-match of personal daily life things, random memes and some ideas I had about reading. Then I realized that people might actually read my reviews if I put them up and.. they did!
What kinds of books do you review?
Just about everything! I have really eclectic taste and if the book looks interesting, I'll read and review it.
What is your favorite book so far this year?
This is a tough one. I loved Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman for the sheer southern beauty of it, Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen for its magic, Peace Like a River by Leif Enger for its faith and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins for its audacity.
Favorite author?
Lately I've been answering Wilkie Collins for this one (I'm on a big Wilkie Collins kick) but I'm hosting a read-along this month of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell and she's growing on me quickly.
What book are you looking forward to that is coming out soon?
Crazy by Han Nolan. I've been singing this books praises since I read an e-galley of it from NetGalley. I can't wait for it to be released so I can own a hard copy of it.
If you could be one literary character, who would it be?
Anne Shirley. I wouldn't even mind the red hair.
Reading Challenges, yay or nay? Favorites?
This is my first year with reading challenges and I love it. I'm a big list person so I love that feeling of satisfaction I get when I check another book off the list. My favorite so far has been the Gilmore Girls challenge - so much variety!
Best blog other than your own?
Oh geez. I love them all! Well...those who don't force auto-play music on me. C'mon people, knock it off with the music!
Who is your favorite Winnie-the-Pooh character?
Eeyore. I've always been a kind of dopey, love the rain type of girl and Eeyore has been my favorite for years.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Great answers. I can identify with the Eeyore and Anne Shirley picks. I've also been meaning to read CeeCee Honeycutt. It sounds luscious. Lovely interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that I already liked Lydia but the Eeyore comment has that opinion cemented in stone.

    I don't use one but Autoplay doesn't bother me as long as I can turn it off if it's music I don't like. Sometimes, if the music is appropriate, I think it can compliment the feel of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was saying to myself that I'll have to check out Lydia's blog because it sounds like we have similar reading tastes, and then when I saw how she loves Eeyore... My daughter's first Halloween costume, she was an infant, was Eeyore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview -- I recently read two books by Wilkie Collins -- so I do see the appeal -- and certainly would like to read more sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.