Sunday, June 20, 2010

Disney World vacation

Last week I went on vacation with my husband, son, parents, sister, and some more of my family to Disney World.  We had a good time though it was hot and we all were super tired every night.  We started out at Epcot on the first day which was the longest and hottest.



Day Two took us to Animal Kingdom which was a nice day with lots of pretty animals and the very fun Everest coaster. We also went to the Magic Kingdom that night to watch the parade and the fireworks. Day Three was an all day trip to the Magic Kingdom and Day Four was our day at Hollywood Studios.
The last day (Friday) was suppose to be my day at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter but I didn't get in.  Due to some poor planning, in my opinion, on the part of Universal, it was a 9 hour wait just to get into Harry Potter World and that was after a 2 hour wait just to get into Universal's Islands of Adventure Park.  That was very disappointing, I'll tell you.  But I spent the rest of the day at the Magic Kingdom with my husband and son and that was extremely fun and I'm glad of that.  We all had a good time and my son saw a lot of characters and we rode as many rides as possible.
Hogwarts: the only picture I could get













A few more pictures:
Tigger, me and Pooh.  Tigger is my favorite

Illuminations Epcot

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't make it into the Wizarding World. That would have been fantastic, but I bet it will be insanely busy for the whole summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you were on my side of town! I love Disney... for real, it's the happiest place on earth for me, lol!!

    I really think Universal had no idea just how many people were going to show up for HP. But I do agree it was bad planning. I actually did end up going on Friday (posted about it on sunday salon today) but we didn't go until the evening so the lines had gone down a little. I'm sorry you weren't able to make it! It was crazy when you finally got it anyway, so it might be more fun once it calms down a little anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the HP misadventures, Andrea. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful - though exhausting - vacation, Andrea! We haven't been to orlando and all the theme parks since our boys were very young. We went to Animal Kingdom shortly after it opened and loved it. And you do know what EPCOT stands for, don't you? Every Person Comes Out Tired!

    Glad you had a good time, despite the Harry Potter disappointment. We're making our way to New Mexico - currently visiting my father-in-law in Oklahoma.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard this weekend was insane at Universal. Sorry you didn't make it.
    :(
    I'm planning on going during the Thanksgiving holiday :)

    You look so cute with T. Thanks for sharing your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.