Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday 56 - Blandings Castle

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Hosted by Freda's Voice



His recovery was hastened by the slamming of the door and the spectacle of his son Frederick clasping in his arms a wife who, his lordship had never forgotten, was the daughter of probably the only millionaire in existence who had that delightful willingness to take Freddie off his hand which was, in Lord Emsworth's eyes, the noblest quality a millionaire could possess.

p.56 Blandings Castle and Elsewhere by P.G. Wodehouse

5 comments:

  1. I've heard about Wodehouse's books. Never read one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. And I can't say I've heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New book to me too, though am not sure it's for me.
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting snippet, I wonder why Freddie is such a problem?
    I've heard the name Wodehouse but I'm unfamiliar with the books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog...NEW FOLLOWER.

    Stopping by the Friday 56 linkup.

    Book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.