Monday, December 13, 2010
2011 "Whisper Stories in My Ear" Challenge - COMPLETE
So I'm joining the 2011 "Whisper Stories in My Ear" Challenge hosted by Bewitched Bookworms. The goal is to read at least twelve (12) audiobooks (no matter the length). Twelve is the minimum to be entered in the Grand Prize at the end of the Year. The other requirement is you have to say that you listened to the audiobook version of the book, who was the narrator, the length of time the audiobook ran and your separate rating/impression for the audiobook (how you liked the narration of the story beyond what you thought of the story itself). The challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st, 2011. I'll list as I go.
30 audio books
290 hours 17 minutes listened
1. The Mysterious Howling (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place) by Maryrose Wood, read by Katherine Kellgren. 5 hours, 28 minutes
2. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, read by Joshua Swanson. 16 hours, 48 minutes
3. A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban, read by Taj Alexandra Ricci. 3 hours 17 minutes
4. Hero at Large by Janet Evanovich, read by C.J. Critt. 7 hours, 25 minutes
5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, read by Eric Idle. 3 hours 18 minutes
6. The Ring of Solomon by Jonathan Stroud, read by Simon Jones. 12 hours, 39 minutes
7. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, read by Dan Bittner, Pierce Cravens, Emma Galvin, Jenna Lamia. 10 hours 40 minutes
8. Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich, read by Lorilei King. 7 hours
9. The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews, ready by Isabel Keating. 15 hours
10. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson, read by Jenna Lamia. 7 hours 30 minutes
11. The Atlantis Complex by Eoin Colfer, read by Nathaniel Parker. 8 hours 10 minutes
12. Lucy Rose: Here's the Thing about Me by Katy Kelly, read by Tara Sands. 2 hours 21 minutes
13. First Light by Rebecca Stead, read by David Ackroyd and Coleen Marlo. 7 hours, 6 minutes
14. Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary Jacky Faber, Ship's Boy by L.A. Meyer, read by Katherine Kellgren. 8 hours
15. The Curse of the Blue Tattoo: Being an Account of the Misadventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman and Fine Lady by L.A. Meyer , read by Katherine Kellgren. 14 hours
16. Under the Jolly Roger: Being an Account of the Further Nautical Adventures of Jacky Faber by L.A. Meyer, read by Katherine Kellgren. 15 hours
17. In the Belly of the Bloodhound : Being an Account of a Particularly Peculiar Adventure in the Life of Jacky Faber by L.A. Meyer, read by Katherine Kellgren. 15 hours
18. Mississippi Jack : Being an Account of the Further Waterborne Adventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman, Fine Lady, and the Lily of the West by L.A. Meyer, read by Katherine Kellgren. 17 hours
19. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart, read by Tanya Eby. 6 hours
20. Glee: The Beginning by Sophie Lowell, read by Emma Galvi. 4 hours, 58 minutes
21. My Bonny Light Horseman : Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, in Love and War by L.A. Meyer, read by Katherine Kellgren. 16 hours.
22. Rapture of the Deep: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Soldier, Sailor, Mermaid, Spy by L.A. Meyer, read by Katherine Kellgren. 12 hours, 19 minutes
23. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, read by Emiy Eiden. 8 hours, 40 minutes
24. The Wake of the Lorelei Lee: Being an Account of the Adventures of Jacky Faber, on her Way to Botany Bay by L.A. Meyer. 14 hours, 57 minutes
25. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter, read by Angela Dawe. 6 hours, 43 minutes
26. To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last by Connie Willis, read by Steven Crossley. 20 hours, 58 minutes
27. Forever by Maggie Steifvater, read by Jenna Lamia, Pierce Cravens, Dan Bittner, Emma Galvin. 12 hours, 10 minutes
28. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall, read by Susan Denaker. 6 hours, 44 minutes.
29. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson, read by Elaine Stritch. 1 hour, 30 minutes.
30. A Christmas Story by Jean Shepherd, read by Dick Cavett. 3 hours, 36 minutes.