Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (audio) by J.K. Rowling

 I started my "re-listen" back in May and I don't think I realized I would finish up the series as late as December, but I'm finally done now.  I love this series.  Truly love it.  Anyway, Deathly Hallows is one of my favorites.  Though, frankly, I could do with a little less camping.  I know that it means something and all, but I still wish for a little less camping.  I don't have many criticisms of it.  I know that the big info dump at the end with Dumbledore is a lot and most people don't like it.  I doesn't bother me that much though this time I realized just how long that scene is and I was kind of waiting for it to be over.  I still get a bit confused about Harry's blood in Voldemort and the whole true possessor of the wand thing.  So much relied on chance at the end.  But the final mano-a-mano fight between Harry and Voldemort is great and very badass on Harry's part.  The epilogue is fine.  It's nice to see how they all ended up and I love the Harry/Ginny marriage and, of course my favorites, Ron and Hermione.  Great book, great series, well worth visiting again and again.

Hogwarts: Harry Potter

5 comments:

  1. I love the epilogue even if most people seem to hate it...

    The info dump with Dumbledore only bothers me because it's the whole "it was only a dream" technique and that always bothers me in books. But I admit, I actually love all the camping scenes. They really make the tone of the book for me and I never found them slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amanda - The "only a dream" thing I took with some ambiguity. I think Rowling was trying to avoid terms like Purgatory but I think that is where Harry was. But it was in his head and yet real at the same time or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like the forever long camping trips either. Though I did enjoy the book more the second time around. The movie was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deathly Hallows is maybe my favorite book of all time. I just never seem to tire of it. I was so happy with the way JK wrapped everything up--plenty of drama and intensity, but a satisfying ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kaye- I liked the movie too!

    @brandyreneebruce - I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.