Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Steifvater


Sam and Grace have been through so much together and now they face a challenge that means life or death.  Isabelle's dad has found a way to eliminate the wolves and with Grace still shifting, it becomes imperative that Sam, Cole, and Isabelle find a way to save the wolves.

This was a great ending to this series. I was actually expecting a much sadder ending.  While it was sad enough that I cried, it was still hopeful and I didn't mind the fact that a finite ending wasn't given to Sam and Grace. Real life doesn't work that way and so books don't have to either. Though I did find Sam and Grace, well Sam in particular, much more frustrating. His inability to do something made me want to shake him. Isabelle and Cole are really my favorites. They are much more sarcastic and proactive and I love them for it. Sam and Grace's pure sweet love is wonderful to read and I love them too, but sometimes you need a bit of grit in your romance.

12 hours, 10 minutes

Read by Jenna Lamia, Pierce Cravens, Dan Bittner, Emma Galvin, Maggie Stiefvater

The same cast from the previous book returns and they do a great job. Each manages to embody their character and they play them beautifully. The audio books are great for this series because the actors really manage to convey the emotions well. I enjoyed this audio series a lot.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about this series in audio. I've read it in print but might have to pick it up in audio at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to read this series. nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the ending, too - found it both realistic and hopeful. REally loved this whole series - I recently recommended it to my son's 8th grade english class!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know! I have the first two in print but may consider trying the last in audio.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.