Friday, January 28, 2011

Wicked Appetite (Diesel #1) by Janet Evanovich

Elizabeth "Lizzie" Tucker is a cupcake baker extraordinaire.  But when she is visited by a strange man in black who brands her with his fingertip, she learns that she is something more: an Unmentionable.  Enter Diesel, best know from the Stephanie Plum Between-the-Numbers series.  Still tall, handsome and cocky as ever, Diesel needs Elizabeth and her enhanced ability to find the first of seven powerful stones.  But they are going to have to go around his cousin, Gerwulf Grimoire, to get it.

"Ordinarily, I like a woman with strong appetites," Diesel said, "but you're downright scary.  I'm afraid when you finish the doughnuts, you're going to start gnawing on my arm."  p.105
Let me just say this first. Diesel, phew.  H-O-T

Okay, that being said, I wasn't too sure about a series about him.  I think he is funny and enjoy his adventures with Stephanie, but I wasn't sure about where this series was going.  But I'm glad I read it.  Lizzie is a little Stephanie-like, but she is definitely her own character.  I like her dynamic with Diesel and it was nice to see him with someone who isn't hampered already with two love interests.  Unfortunately something is going to prevent the fruition of Diesel and Lizzie's relationship. 

I am assuming that this is going to be a seven part series since they have to find seven stones that each represent a different deadly sin.  This book focused on Gluttony with hilarious results.  I love the humor in this book.  Priceless.  But I'm with Diesel on one thing.  I can't wait to see what happens when they go after Lust.


Hogwarts: Divination
Cover Love - January
What's in a Name
Off the Shelf

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I dig her writing but I did like your review :)

    Are you going to see the upcoming Stephenie movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Juju - I don't know. I'd like to but I can't agree with Katherine Heigel as Stephanie. That's some bad casting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.