Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Round-Up 1/31


Weekly Round-Up is my wrap-up of last week's activities and includes what I'm reading this week, reviews I've posted, books in the mail and anything else of interest plus From the Library, my weekly listing of what I've checked out from the library.
This week I'm reading Bright Young Things (Godbersen), Lucy Unstrung (Lazar) and So Much Closer (Colasanti) and I'm listening to The Ring of Solomon (Stroud).

Last week I read Perfect (Kellogg), Wicked Appetite (Evanovich), Perfect You (Scott) and Bleeding Violet (Reeves).  I finished listening to The Lost Hero (Riordian) and A Crooked Kind of Perfect (Urban)
Other reviews posted: Withering Tights (Rennison)


Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund
Astrid Llewelyn is now a fully trained unicorn hunter, but she can't solve all her problems with just a bow and arrow. Her boyfriend, Giovanni, has decided to leave Rome, the Cloisters is in dire financial straits, her best friend's powers seem to be mysteriously disintegrating, and Astrid can't help but feel that school, home, and her hopes of becoming a scientist are nothing but impossible dreams.

So when she's given the opportunity to leave the Cloisters and put her skills to use as part of a scientific quest to discover the Remedy, Astrid leaps at the chance. Finally, she can have exactly what she want--or can she? At Gordian headquarters, deep in the French countryside, Astrid begins to question everything she thought she believed: her love for Giovanni, her loyalty to the Cloisters, and most of all her duty as a hunter. Should Astrid be saving the world from killer unicorns, or saving the unicorns from the world?

Sizzling Sixteen (audio) by Janet Evanovich, read by Lorelei King
Trenton, New Jersey, bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has inherited a “lucky” bottle from her Uncle Pip. Problem is, Uncle Pip didn’t specify if the bottle brought good luck or bad luck....

3 comments:

  1. I really want to know what you are going to think of Bright Young Things and Ascendant. I loved Rampant, so I hope the sequal is even better.

    Have a wonderful reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you like Bleeding Violet? I thought it was such an awesome premise for a book and had so many things to discuss afterward. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nina - Bright Young Things is good so far. I hope Ascendant is as good as Rampant.

    @Gofita - I really liked Bleeding Violet. My review is up tomorrow but the whole concept was awesome and it was so well written.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.