Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (movie) (Based on a Book)


So last Sunday, we went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  It wasn't showing in 3D at our local theater but that was fine.  I liked it.  It was very cute and funny.  If you think it's going to be like the book, then think again.  Flint Lockwood is a failed inventor until he invents a machine that can change water into food.  When his invention is shot in the sky and it starts to rain food, everyone is excited until giant food starts to fall from the sky. The movie does include some of the iconic images from the book including the jello "sunset," pancakes on the school, and the roofless restaurant.  The animation was very curvy and fluid.
The little man seemed to like it especially the giant gummy bears.  And the little kids sitting next to me enjoyed it as well.  There were some very funny parts that made the whole audience laugh and I really liked Sam Sparks, the TV weatherperson sent to cover the phenomenon.

Check out my book review here.

Cross posted with Annie, I think.

8 comments:

  1. I think my kids will really like this when I finally get to take them (or rent the video, more likely...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a cute movie! I didn't know it was a book until the movie came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this was pretty good and actually had a good message in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard from quite a few "mommy bloggers" that this was a pretty good movie. Unfortunately, my son won't go to movies becuase they are "too loud." I guess we'll have to wait for DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved how they strayed from the book without ruining the book--it was more like a spin-off than anything else. Anyways, ADORABLE movie, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This movie comes to the Netherlands next month I believe. It looks so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I probably shouldn't comment since I haven't seen the movie yet, but it always bugs me and my husband when they take a 36-page picture book and somehow turn it into a 2-hour movie. It just doesn't seem right, especially when the book is an old favorite. Same with Where the Wild Things Are, which is also being advertised now. I'm OK with other book-to-movie adaptations but I guess I'm just a purist when it comes to classic picture books! I think you have to go into these kinds of movies with an open mind and not compare them to the original books.

    Thanks for the review.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs movie is a drama animation movie and is focused on a town where food falls from the sky like rain. I liked the movie a lot therefore I made
    download cloudy with a chance of meatballs
    and kept it in collection of my favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.