Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dylan and the Baby Doctor (e-book) by Sherryl Woods

I thought I was going to read a nice, fluffy romance.  Man, I was wrong.  Dr. Kelsey James' son is kidnapped by her drug-addicted ex-husband and it's up to private investigator Dylan Delacourte to find him.  Seriously, this is a fairly heavy subject for a romance novel.  Or maybe there are all like this now?  I don't know.  It's been about 15 years since I read a romance book.  It was a quick read, the characters are fairly surface level and the action takes place over the course of two days.  Still I enjoyed it for the most part.  Interesting to see two characters fall in love over the course of several days while trying to find the missing boy.  I was happy to see the issue of how they could fall in love in the middle of the crisis addressed because otherwise it would have been weird.  There was very little sex in this romance which was very appropriate given the subject matter.  All in all, I liked it though I doubt my reading is going to be taken up by romances anytime soon.

Hogwarts: Muggle Studies
Twentyten
Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.