Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Maze Runner (audio)

Thomas wakes up in a box carrying to the Glade where a community of boys have been sent, but no one knows why.  As he struggles with his lack of memory and tries to acclimate to his new surroundings, things begin to change in the Glade beginning with the arrival of a mysterious girl and Thomas' need to become a maze runner. 

The action starts off a little slow and I was getting a little tired of no one answering questions (but then I'm a Lost fan so I've been almost desensitized to that) but once Thomas hits the maze, it's on like Donkey Kong.  The Maze Runner kept me guessing and I kept thinking that I knew what was coming up and I had like three different ideas about the ending, none of which happened.  I liked that.  I don't like guessing the ending before it happens.  I was hoping that the second book was out so I could start on it right away but it doesn't come out til the end of the year.  I won't say I was completely blown away  but I wished I had gotten around to it sooner.  It was a good read.  The relationship between Thomas and the girl was very cool and I wonder more about his relationships between him and some of the other Gladers.  I can't wait to find out more.

Hogwarts: Ancient Runes
Dystopian
Library
YA

7 comments:

  1. I'm curious how this one would be on audio because there is so much of Thomas thinking.

    I, like you, had my idea of how I thought it would end but I was completely wrong! And people I thought I had figured out I didn't! Can't wait for The Scorch Trials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard this book is awesome :) I'll have to check it out soon!

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I just can't make myself be interested in this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jill - The reader was good on audio. It would have moved faster if I had read it but it was worth the listen to.

    @Isalys - Hope you like it.

    @Amanda - The ending has some real pay-out so that was great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one has been on my list for awhile now. But I think I'll wait til the entire series is out before I dive in! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @gofita - That might be a good idea :)

    @Juju - It was good on audio. I liked the narrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.