Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Blue Christmas by Mary Kay Andrews (Southern series #3) (audio)

Weezie Foley is trying to get her shop together for the historical district's annual decorating contest. But standing in her way are her competitors across the street, a crazy holiday schedule, and a little old lady who gets stealing and returning Weezie's stuff.

I didn't realize that this was the third in a series. But it didn't matter. There was enough background given to get me up to speed with the characters. I think I missed out on some background relationships but not so much that I was confused. This was a cute book along the lines of the other Mary Kay Andrews books I've read. I enjoyed it though I started it before Christmas and then put it on hold to listen to Fangirl and then The Ocean at the End of the Lane.

I liked Weezie and Bebe and their friendship. They always have each others' backs and that is nice. Everyone should have a friend like that. I enjoyed the quirky, funny aspects of the book like Weezie's kooky family and her auction buying trips. And I loved the family dinner at the end of the book. I laughed so hard which is not good when you are driving. Still it made the commute go by fast. I look forward to going back for the other books.


Isabel Keating is the narrator and once again I enjoyed her reading. She narrated The Fixer Upper and I liked in her that book as well. She has the perfect accent even if it occasionally sounds a little marble-mouthed especially in the male characters. Still I think she is a great narrator for Andrews books.

5 hours, 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.