Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison (Misadventures of Tullalah Casey #2)

Tallulah is back at Dother Hall, home to the arts academy she attended in the last book. Tullalah is happy to be reunited with her friends, The Tree Sisters, and the boys at Wolfe Hall. But she is confused about snogging and Charlie and most of all about the town bad boy, Cain.

Truly Tallulah is Georgia Nicholson's successor as she should be, being cousins and all. She is so confused by the Snogging Scale that Georgia and her Ace Gang made up and does nose licking even rate on the scale? She is afraid she is no good at kissing and is too tall and gangly for the boys. But Tallulah is a charming girl and very quirky and so all the boys love her. Much like Georgia no matter how weird Tallulah is, they still want to snog her.

There is a lot of slang and I wonder if British girls are really like this. I mean, I can see a lot of myself in Tallulah at that age, wondering if boys like me. It's pretty obvious to me who likes her but she really only sees her flaws. There is a lot of crazy stuff that happens and the way Tallulah talks is different but funny. And ooh er, there is one really terrific kissing scene that had me melting just like Tallulah.

Misadventures of Tullalah Casey
Withering Tights

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of this book. It just sounds super sweet & cute. I have read a couple of Georgia Nicholson books & I thought they were pretty hilarious. And the movie was fun as well. :) I might try this one at the library. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.