Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (audio)

Finally the 7 have gathered together to go on the quest to unite Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter. They must travel to Rome, a dangerous place for any demigod to find the thing that has torn apart the camps for centuries.

I didn't review The Son of Neptune because I listen to it while I was on maternity leave and reviewing with a newborn was not something I was capable of. Nevertheless I loved it and couldn't wait for the next book. The Mark of Athena continues the adventure this time finally bringing all our heroes together on their quest. This book features alternating points of view from the main characters, a detail that I like. It is filled with lots of narrow escapes and ingenues plans, something you would expect from a Heroes of Olympus book. I thought the villain at the end was pretty obvious. There were clues left all over the books, but the ending was a surprise. It is a definite cliff-hanger and as soon as I was done I rushed to the computer to find out when the next book, The House of Hades, was going to be released. Not till October! *groan* I have to find out what happens next!


Joshua Swanson is the once again the narrator for this book. I'm assuming he is just going to do the entire series which is great because I hate it when they change reader mid-series. He does a great job and really brings the words to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.