Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekly Round-Up 6/6 + Hiatus!

In other news, I'll be on a hiatus of sorts for a little bit. We have a big wedding in the family this week and I have a feeling that I won't have time this week or next to write too many reviews. See ya soon!


Weekly Round-Up is my wrap-up of last week's activities and includes what I'm reading this week, reviews I've posted, books in the mail and anything else of interest plus From the Library, my weekly listing of what I've checked out from the library.
This week I'm reading Spoiled (Cocks and Morgan) and Imaginary Girls (Suma) and listening to Glee: The Beginning (Lowell).

Last week I read Ultraviolet (Anderson) and listened to In the Belly of the Bloodhound (Meyer).  I started Blood Red Road (Young) but wasn't in the mood so it was abandoned.  I'll try again another time.
Other reviews: Under the Jolly Roger (Meyer)

On my Nook
Spoiled by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan


16-year-old Molly Dix loves her ordinary life in suburban Indiana, so when her single mother passes away, she is shocked to discover that her biological father is Brick Berlin, world famous movie star and red carpet regular.
Equally intrigued and terrified by her Hollywood lineage, Molly moves to Southern California and plunges head-first into the deep end of Beverly Hills celebrity life. Just as Molly thinks her new life and family couldn't get any stranger, she meets Brooke Berlin, her gorgeous and spoiled half-sister whom welcomes Molly to la-la land with a healthy dose of passive-aggressive "sisterly love."
Set against the backdrop of a sparkling and fashion-filled Los Angeles, this deliciously dysfunctional family soap opera will satisfy every reader looking for their next lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous beach read. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, boy, all four of us are Gleeks, so the Glee book sounds great to me!

    We just got into the show this season, so we're looking forward to catching up on Season 1 during the summer.

    Hope the wedding goes well and you have a fabulous time! Going to be a busy time here, too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.