Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Book Picks

I had a tough choice this month but ultimately decided on

Favorite Book:

The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
This was an incredibly beautiful, soulful book that just spoke to me.  It's amazing how a simple concept, a story told in dictionary form, can be so evocative.  I think there is something for everyone, especially those who've been in love or in a long term relationship.


Favorite Audio: 

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson, read by Jenna Lamia
I had a few minor problems with the narrator but, in the end, I began to enjoy the choice of reader.  In the end, the story was compelling enough to overcome any issues I had, including the fact that it was not as original as what I had hoped for.  In fact, I am eagerly awaiting the sequel.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed The Lover's Dictionary too this month, and am also interested in reading the sequel to Pearson's book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O the dictionary form does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very cool feature! I've seen so many people post about The Lover's Dictionary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lover's Dictionary is popular this week. It does look good though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added the Lover's Dictionary to my TBR list when I read your review. That's a big compliment because my list is so overflowing, i try not to add much these days!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.