Thursday, November 11, 2010

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (audio) by J.K. Rowling

The Half-Blood Prince is one of my favorite HPs though the last bit kills me.  When I get to the part with the phoenix song I always cry.  Though I found myself wanting to defend Snape's actions in the hosptial wing scene after everything had happened.  Which is so funny because the first time I read it, I was so angry at him.  These books are such an emotional investment.

I like the unfolding of the Horcrux storyline through the memories and the background on Voldemort.  It shows how went from a little psychopath to a very big psychopath and how his own orphaned state lead him down a such a different path than Harry's.  It's amazing how much of the little things from the past books start coming together here to continue on through Deathly Hallows

I've never been a big shipper type person, but I love the Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione couples.  There is a whole lot of Harry and Ginny, of course, and Ron and Hermione slowly get it together but they are so funny in doing so. 

Hogwarts: Harry Potter

4 comments:

  1. Which actions in the hospital wing? There are so many different times he's there that I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly question: What's "big shipper" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amanda - After Dumbledore's death when they are dissecting what happened and going on about how horrible Snape is.

    @Juju - Shipper = people who support a certain relationship (i.e. Harry and Ginny)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book! Even though Deathly Hallows is my all-time favorite. But I, too, really enjoy the relationships aspect of this book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.