Thursday, January 21, 2010

Twelve Sharp: A Stephanie Plum Novel (audio)


Stephanie Plum's 12th adventure finds her once again in over her head.  This time Ranger's daughter has been kidnapped by a psycho who wants to be Ranger.  And he also has his eye on Stephanie.  Ranger's wife shows up looking for him much to Stephanie's shock.  And Stephanie still can't apprehend someone without it turning into a big deal.  Now she has Ranger sleeping in her bed, a psycho looking for her and she has to control Lulu and Grandma Mazer.  Things are getting crazy for Stephanie Plum.

A little background: When I was 19ish I stayed with my aunt and my cousin for a whole summer.  Sufficient to say, I didn't bring enough books, but their little town had a tiny library and randomly they had the first 3 or 4 of these.  That's all there was at the time.  The cover was cool and so was the premise so my aunt checked them out for me and I was hooked.  Later I even got my mom hooked.  But by the time this book came out, I was distracted by other things and I never got caught up so that is why I joined J.Kay's Stephanie Plum Challenge.  I'm a little sorry I didn't keep up because these books are so funny.  It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud, but Lulu and Grandma Mazer can do it every time.  They are so hilarious, both saying the most outrageous things.  And, man oh man, Ranger and Morelli are so damn sexy.  Phew.  Now that's dilemma I'd like to have.

The books are getting a little predicable though at this point.  Stephanie messes up an apprehension, there's a bigger case, Ranger/Morellis something something, Stephanie is captured but manages to win.  Stephanie is actually pretty smarter and tougher than she use to be.  I just wish she could make an apprehension without messing up so much.  But I keep reading these because they are funny and I like Stephanie a lot.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried reading this series twice now. And I just can not get into them for some reason. I heard they were really funny and I don't think I have heard anything negative about them. But I just couldn't get into them.. Glad you enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the Stephanie Plum series. However, they are repetitive and I couldn't read them one after the other. I look forward to the next one coming out every summer.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.