Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Being Nikki

Emerson Watts is still stuck in the body of world famous supermodel Nikki Howard after a tragic accident and a brain transplant. She is becoming more accustomed to the fame and the job, but she still misses her old life, family and her old friend, Christopher, who Em is still in love with. So when Nikki's brother shows up, Em is unsure how to handle him or the news that Nikki's mother is missing. And she doesn't know what to do when something even more shocking turns up in the search for the Howards' mother.

I admit that this is one of my favorite Meg Cabot series. I enjoyed Airhead and was looking forward to Being Nikki. Now I'm looking forward to Runaway, the next one in this series. Em seems to be a fairly typical teenager, boy-crazy with a good head on her shoulders. Although it did get a little tiring reading about Em worrying about the same thing over and over again. I was surprised, however, at the direction Cabot took the book in the end and enjoyed that. It's not often that I am surprised by a Meg Cabot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I do reserve the right to remove any comments that are offensive and/or spam.